- I would recommend this program to colleagues and family members. I think we need more people to look deeper into their own racism and to begin to be aware of how they can be “advocating” allies in spreading understanding of the history and continued systemic racism in the country and the world.
- I would absolutely recommend this program… This is necessary and the way this was facilitated made everyone feel welcome and able to share. It was authentic, and I think colleagues and family members would benefit from this non-threatening format. Gayle and Barbara are incredibly wise and informative. Unforgettable!
- I would absolutely (recommend this program), everyone should attend this! These discussions are so important, always, but especially in this time!
- The activity that stands out the most for me was the discussion after the film “Race: ___ Illusion, part 3.” The film was helpful (with) understanding details of how Red Lining started, and how everyone responded was amazing and helped me understand how many people we need to share our knowledge with.
- The initial question “What brought you here?” began a process of more honest self-reflection that still continues. That was bolstered by the ladder of self-reflection and awareness.
- The concept that stood out the most for me was standing in line and stepping forward if we had experienced various experiences, discrimination, etc. I realized I have lived my life fairly unscathed.
- I would recommend this program. It helps develop greater self-awareness and higher-level understanding of institutional racism.
- I honestly can’t think of how to improve this. I can only suggest a follow-up so we can meet again.