Resolving Disputes & Conflicts Through Mediation
WHAT IS MEDIATION?
Mediation is a process empowering people to work together.
We work for a win-win outcome in which all parties feel satisfied that their needs have been met.
WHAT IS THE MEDIATOR’S ROLE?
- The mediator will control the process by guiding the participants.
- Participants are empowered to solve their own conflict.
- Rather than determining “Right” or Wrong,” mediators work as neutral third parties.
AN ALTERNATIVE TO THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM?
- It is a private procedure, all discussions are confidential
- It is a safe place for each person to talk and listen
- Sessions are held locally at neutral sites, at a mutually convenient time
- Neither witnesses nor attorneys are needed
- Rather than a court making a decision, each individual is responsible to participate in making agreements
- While a court can only rule on the past, agreements can describe how each will behave and what each will do now and in the future
- ALL participants become “Winners”
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- You avoid going to court and losing time from work.
- There are no costly legal fees.
- The process empowers people to build bridges of understanding.
- All members of the families involved can participate, including children.
- Each party receives a signed copy of the agreements
- Each party receives a follow-up call after a period of time to determine whether the agreements are working.
WHAT CAN BE MEDIATED?
- Property problems
- Barking dogs
- Interracial differences
Children and Youth Disputes:
- Communication problems
- Behavior crisis at home, school, or with neighbors
Domestic and Family Differences:
- Parents and children
I AM INTERESTED: WHAT DO I DO?
Call our office and explain the problem as you see it. If mediation is appropriate for your problem, we will contact the other party involved. If they are also willing, a time and place will be set for your mediation.
ALL CONVERSATIONS ARE HELD IN CONFIDENCE.
HOW DO I PREPARE?
- Ask yourself: What can I do to better manage the conflict?
- Mediation requires you to make a commitment of time and energy to resolve the situation. You will need to make a commitment to work to change the situation.
Our fee is $100 per hour ($50.00/party)
Bucks County Mediation Services
102 West Maple Avenue
Langhorne, Pennsylvania 19047-2820